- CANADIAN ONLINE YARN STORE || Free shipping for retail orders over $65 shipped within Canada
Lucky Stripes eyeglass case
This case will not only protect your glasses from scratching, but will help you easily find your glasses thanks to the bright stripes. Besides, it will make a perfect gift for anyone. Friends, relatives, co-workers – we all use sunglasses and many of us wear glasses. The best thing about this eyeglass case – it is very easy to knit.
Yarn - Knitca Woolly Warmth yarn, 100% wool, 100m / 110ds in a 50g / 1.7oz ball: 1 ball of #0128 Maize, 1 ball of #1655 Tangelo and 1 ball of #0002 Black.
Length - 20cm / 8”, Width – 9cm / 3.5”
18.5 sts and 24.5 rows = 4”/10cm in stockinette stitch
SPECIAL TERMS AND ABBREVIATIONS
SSK – slip 2 stitches separately knitwise, return them back to the left needle and knit them together through the back loop.
1. With maize colour cast on 36 stitches.
2. Work in stockinette stitch (knit all stitches in one row, and purl all stitches in the next row) in the colour pattern as follows:
3. Shape the top part of the eyeglass case:
4. Weave in loose ends.
5. Make a seam at the side and the bottom of the eyeglass case:
6. With yarn in tangelo colour finish the top of the eyeglass case using backwards crochet stitch (crab stitch). Photo tutorial showing how to do crab stitch is available here